- Prepares technical and legislative documentation on noise abatement at airfields, military installations, civil firing ranges and industrial and trades installations, and keeps abreast of the status of technology at national and international levels;
- Responsible for approving environmental impact assessments and renovation plans for installations;
- Fosters the training of members of federal and cantonal authorities, organisations and private consultants.
Field of Public Health
- This is concerned with methods for determining the exposure to noise and ground vibrations and its somatic, physical, social and economic consequences;
- It issues criteria for establishing dose-effect relationships for noise and ground vibrations;
- Concerned with methods for recording, collecting and presenting information on noise exposure (Monitoring).