The Politics and Strategy Division provides advice to the specialised divisions and management board on political processes and the handling of environmental issues in the Federal Council, Parliament and parliamentary committees.
- is responsible for coordinating and verifying the quality of business matters for the attention of the FOEN management board, DETEC, the Federal Council and Parliament;
- serves as the central point of contact for enquiries from the DETEC General Secretariat and Parliamentary Services on FOEN policy business;
- coordinates the environmental assessment of federal infrastructure projects (with/without EIA wrequirement), cantonal structure plans, federal sectoral plans and concepts, and agglomeration programmes;
- is responsible for the ongoing development of the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance (EIAO);
- is responsible for supplying internal ethical advice during the decisionmaking process on value-sensitive areas.
Topic of the division:
Fonction: head of division
Susanne Schorta Baumann
Position: head of Political Affairs Section, deputy head of division
Position: head of section EIA and Spatial Planning
Position: direction of the administration & support team
Last modification 01.01.2023