The Traffic Section
- studies all mobile sources of air pollution: transport (road, rail, aviation, shipping) as well as non-road sources (construction machines, tractors, equipment, etc.)
- is responsible for investigating the air pollutant emission levels caused by traffic, non-road sources and stationary engines (CHPs, emergency power generators, etc.);
- develops the conceptual, planning and technical foundations for measures to reduce air pollutant emission levels caused by traffic, non-road sources, and stationary internal combustion engines;
- participates in the environmental sustainability testing of transport infrastructures and prepares opinions for cases of federal litigation in its field of activity;
- coordinates and prepares the opinions of the FOEN in the field of "traffic and the environment".