- provides advice on ecological product criteria that are applicable to public procurement, and provides information on new resource-saving technologies;
- advises the central procurement authorities and the demand authorities on the integration of environmental aspects into public procurement;
- contributes to the CCPP's training opportunities;
- promotes exchanges of information and experience on green procurement in Switzerland and abroad;
- participates in the relevant committees for sustainable construction;
- harmonises its instruments and standards with those of other federal offices, the cantons and the communes as far as possible. It maintains a dialogue with the private sector to promote sustainable procurement;
- is a member of the specialist group for Resource and Environmental Management of the Federal Administration (RUMBA) and is responsible for issues relating to green public procurement.