- Prepares technical and legislative documentation on railway noise abatement and keeps abreast of the status of technology at national and international levels;
- Responsible for approving environmental impact assessments and renovation plans for installations;
- Fosters the training of members of federal and cantonal authorities, organisations and private consultants.
Field of Spatial Planning
- Concerned with noise abatement in relation to development planning, in particular the specification of sensitivity levels and the designation and development of building zones and their infrastructure;
- Approves the cantonal master plans and development schemes;
- Analyses the effects of noise exposure on development planning, and monitors enforcement of the Noise Abatement Ordinance.