Receipt of application published on 8 November 2016
B16002 - Application to release alien spotted-wing drosophila (Drosophila suzukii) for experimental purposes
Publication in the Federal Law Gazette (BBI):
Applicant: Agroscope, Institute for Plant Production Sciences IPS
Description and origin of organism:
- Spotted-wing drosophila (Drosophila suzukii), originating from south-east Asia, pest organism in soft fruits, stone fruits and viticulture;
- Established spotted-wing drosophila will be collected locally in Switzerland, reared in the laboratory, and subsequently released in different habitat types (residential areas, hedges, forests).
Purpose of experiment:
- Investigation of spatial and seasonal population dynamics of spotted-wing drosophila in the landscape;
- Study of effects of different factors affecting the spatio-temporal distribution of spotted-wing drosophila;
- Development and implementation of approaches for the control of spotted-wing drosophila in consideration of elements promoting biodiversity in the landscape.
Location of experiment:
- Experimental site at Agroscope and ZHAW, Wädenswil, Kanton Zurich;
- Experimental site at the Steinobstzentrum Breitenhof, Wintersingen, Kanton Basel-Landschaft.
Duration of experiment: 6 months, summer 2017 to winter 2017/2018
Legal basis: Ordinance on the Handling of Organisms in the environment (Release Ordinance, RO) of 10 September 2008 (SR 814.911).
Last modification 24.03.2017