Request authorised 21.04.2015.
B/CH/14/01 (B14001): Application to release genetically modified potato strains with improved potato late blight resistance for experimental purposes
The current status of the application can be seen at www.protectedsite.ch under "News".
Publication in the Federal Law Gazette (BBl):
Applicant: Agroscope, Institute for Sustainability Sciences ISS and Institute for Plant Production Sciences IPS
Property: Resistance to late blight of potato
- Late blight resistance gene
- Promoter: native promotor from the respective Rpi gene;
- Late blight resistance gene: different Rpi genes from wild potatoes;
- Terminator: native terminator from the respective Rpi gene.
- Marker gene
These cisgenic potato lines have been produced without introducing marker genes into the plants.
Purpose of experiment:
- Testing of the resistance against local (Swiss) isolates of the pathogen;
- Analysis of the phenotypic properties;
- Clarification of biosafety aspects.
Location of experiment:
- Protected site of Agroscope at the site in Zurich, Reckenholz, Reckenholzstrasse 191, 8046 Zurich
Duration of experiment: March 2015 to October 2019
- Gene Technology Act (GTA)
- Release Ordinance (RO)
Last modification 28.02.2023