The Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN), the Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology MeteoSwiss, the Federal Office for Civil Protection (FOCP), the Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research (WSL), the Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research (SLF) and the Swiss Seismological Service (SED) have joined forces in the Steering Committee on Intervention in Natural Hazards (LAINAT). Since 1 January 2018 the Federal Office of Topography swisstopo has also been a member of LAINAT. The LAINAT secretariat is affiliated to the FOEN. The secretariat for the Common Information Platform for Natural Hazards (GIN) is attached to the LAINAT secretariat.
The LAINAT secretariat:
- promotes preparation for extraordinary natural events, coordinates mandates arising from the Federal Council resolution on the "Optimisation of Warning and Alerting" (OWARNA) and
- manages projects on hazard preparation, warning and alerting
The GIN secretariat:
- is responsible for the operation and further development of the Common Information Platform for Natural Hazards (GIN) (www.gin-info.admin.ch),
- co-ordinates the co-operation between the relevant technical services,
- is responsible for contact with the users of the platform and provides training in its use.
Tel.: +41 58 463 27 49
Tel.: +41 58 462 51 12
Last modification 15.08.2019