Request authorised 27. October 2016.
B/CH/16/01 (B16001): Application to release genetically modified wheat strains with increased yield potential
The current status of the application can be seen at www.protectedsite.ch under "News".
Publication in the Federal Law Gazette (BBl):
Applicant: Agroscope, Institute for Sustainability Sciences ISS
Property: increased yield potential
- Mildew resistance gene
- Promoter: Hordein B1 sequence from barley;
- Sucrose transporter gene: HvSUT1 from barley;
- Terminator: Hordein B1 sequence from barley.
- Marker gene
The lines that are to be released contain no or no functional marker gene HPT (resistance against the antibiotic hygromycin) anymore.
Purpose of experiment:
- Analysis of the increased yield in the transgenic lines in field conditions;
- Evaluation of the transgenic lines regarding their susceptibility to diseases and pests in field conditions;
- Clarification of biosafety aspects of the transgenic winter wheat lines's release.
Location of experiment:
- Protected site of Agroscope at the site of Zurich, Reckenholz, Reckenholzstrasse 191, 8046 Zurich
Duration of experiment: autumn 2016 to autumn 2022
- Gene Technology Act (GTA)
- Release Ordinance (RO)
Last modification 17.05.2022