The party responsible for remediation must:
- work out the remediation project to be submitted to the authorities, proposing the optimal remediation approach and the definitive objectives of remediation.
- undertake the requisite planning and permit steps (depending on the remediation case and the provisions contained in construction law).
- complete the remediation and monitor it if necessary, produce documentation on it and report the successful termination of all measures.
The cantonal environmental authorities must:
- assess the remediation measures proposed by the remediation project, establish the final remediation objectives, deadlines and any other documentation and conditions.
- rule on cost sharing in the case of several polluters.
- issue an opinion on the success of the implemented remediation measures and the remediation report after its completion.